Elective program is a flagship program at the Faculty of Medicine, Public Health, and Nursing Universitas Gadjah Mada to organize students placements from overseas universities who interested in:
- increasing their knowledge on certain diseases that are prevalent in Indonesia.
- obtaining new experiences of obervership in clinical and/or community setting in Indonesia.
- getting the best practices of Indonesian health system including Indonesian culture and its social aspects.
To take part in elective program, you must be at least a third-year student at our partner universities under MOU (click here for list of partner universities), or other universities non MOU with special terms and conditions applied. For observership of clinical placements, Faculty of Medicine, Public Health, and Nursing Universitas Gadjah Mada is closely collaborated with Dr. Sardjito Hospital.
We gladly welcome elective students to explore, experience our program and enjoy our campus life which depicts blend of cultural power, professional life and technological advance.
The elective program registration will open only in January and July. The student(s) who apply in January should be placed for the implementation on July - December, and student(s) who apply in July should be placed for the implementation on January - December in the next year.
Elective students are accepted for a total period of between 2 - 4 weeks. Each departments will only accept for maximum 4 (four) participants per program at the same period. The recommended period is January - December, except for the first week of January and the last week of December due to Christmas and New Year holiday. This schedule would also be adjusted with Eid Mubarak holiday which changes every year.
- For applicants from partner universities under MoU should be officially nominated by their home university through their international office/international coordinator.
For applicants from non-MoU universities please contact the International Relation Office (IRO) by sending email to email@example.com with subject "Incoming Elective".
- Login to the elective page here: Login. If you don't have an account you can register first.
- Choose the Apply Incoming Elective Program link and complete the form.
- Upload the required documents, i.e Letter of Recommendation from the applicants' Dean, Curriculum Vitae, A copy of Passport (ID page only), an outline (a brief proposal) indicating the specific purpose and expectation joining the elective programme at the department the applicant wish to apply for, a copy of international student health insurance (optional but strongly recommended).
- After getting confirmation from the expected department, IRO will send the letter of invitation as well as UGM sponsor visa (socio-cultural visa).
Mind that nomination from home university doesn't guarantee any acceptance in the elective programme, as all really depends on the availability resources at each department in the period the applicant would like to apply for.
|No.||Item||Terms of Payment|
|1.||Application fee: US $100||It's a non-refundable fee and payable on submission of each completed application form to IRO.|
|2.||Course fee: US $500 per month||It's used solely for support of the courses involved in expected department covering hospital/ clinical/ ward activities, field visit, lecture/ mentoring .|
* waiver for MoU universities
- It's waiver programme fees for applicants from partner universities under MoU as long as they meet regulation of programme duration within 4 weeks maximum. For those who exceed 4 weeks and 4 students will only be charged course fee accordingly.
Please note that changing the department during the program running, will be charged for application fee.